Paneer, a perfect breakfast food refers to the indigenous variety of rennet-coagulated, small-sized, soft cheese. It acts as a superfood for you. From morning breakfast to the candlelight dinner, paneer can always make your day. Paneer is a type of fresh cheese that can be easily made at home. Today, here we are guiding you with some best paneer recipes for breakfast which can be made on a quick basis and healthier for you as well.
Paneer Cheese Toast
Duration – 20 minutes (5 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for cooking)
- ¼ cups crumbled paneer (240 ml cup)
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green chilli (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Bread – ¾ slice
- Butter – for toasting
- 150-200 gm mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander – as needed (chopped)
- Chutney or ketchup – for serving
- Heat a pan with oil and add cumin to it.
- When they begin to sizzle, add chillies, onions and saute them until the onions turn golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till unrefined smell goes away.
- Now, add tomatoes, turmeric and sprinkle salt as needed. Saute, until it turns mushy and spongy.
- Add garam masala, red chilli powder and then paneer. Mix them well.
- Add coriander, Kasuri methi and keep sauteing for a minute. Turned off the flame.
- Spread butter on one slide of bread and place it on a pan.
- Then add on hot paneer bhurji and grated cheese over the bread.
- Cover it with a lid and toast on low to medium heat until the cheese melts.
- Serve with green chutney or ketchup.
If you want to make it as a sandwich –
Add one more bread slice over the cheese and place it in a toaster. Served, when it will turn into gold.
(Duration 15 minutes)
- Paneer – 1 cup (small cubes)
- fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- fenugreek seeds – 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Turmeric – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander – 2-3 leaves
- Oil – For Frying
- Take a bowl and mix all seeds i.e. fennel, mustard, fenugreek, cumin and asafoetida one by one.
- Heat oil in another pan and add seed mixture to it.
- When they sizzle, add onions and saute till it turns pink.
- Now, add paneer, turmeric, chilli powder and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander, salt and bring to a boil.
- Served with fresh coconut water or lime juice.
Stuffed Paneer Paratha –
(Duration 10 minutes)
- Cottage cheese – 250g crumbled
- Green chilli – 3 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Onion – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- For the dough –
- Wheat flour – 1 cup (16 tbsp)
- Water – ¼ cup
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Wheat flour (for dusting) – ¼ cup (4 tbsp)
- For the dough – In a large bowl, mix flour and water to make a soft pliable dough. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, green chilli, coriander, onion and salt. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and set aside.
- Make 8 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Dust the dough with flour and roll into a medium circle and place the cheese stuffing and pinch all the edges towards the centre.
- Flatten the dough with hands, and roll out to thick parathas.
- Heat flat skillet and drizzle some oil. Cook the parathas on both sides over medium flame.
Serve paneer parathas with some raita.
Enjoy the recipes and relish the taste.