Cheese is the one ingredient which is used worldwide and also loved by over half the world’s population. We love cooking with cheese and it’s no secret that cheese is a wonderfully delicious component. Do you know? There are about 2,000 varieties of cheese are available all over the world. Hence, just to give a perfect start to your day, here we share easy and quick cheese recipes for breakfast.
Monte Cristo Sandwich
Duration – 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 count boxes frozen french toast
- 9 pound thinly sliced turkey
- 9 pound thinly sliced ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 3 tbsp (mayonnaise)
- 6 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Spread the mustard on 6 pieces of the French toast. Divide the ham and turkey evenly among them and top each with 2 slices of the cheese.
- Spread the remaining 6 pieces of French toast with the mayonnaise (if desired) and sandwich together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon of the butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Cook 3 sandwiches in the skillet until brown, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the toast is heated through about 4 minutes.
Four Cheese Pasta
- 1 cup macaroni(pasta)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 gms chopped onions
- 10 gms chopped leeks
- 10 gms chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 60 gms butter
- 30 gms flour
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg grated
- 15 gms parmesan cheese
- 20 gms cheddar cheese
- 15 gms brie cheese
- 20 gms swiss Emmental cheese
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Boil the macaroni in salted water.
- After boiling strain and put in a bowl with olive oil.
- Melt the butter with flour in a saucepan along with olive oil.
- Boil some milk with rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and spring onions.
- Strain the milk in with the flour and butter, whisking slowly.
- Make sure you keep stirring the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce coats the back of your spoon means it’s done.
- Grate parmesan, add cheddar, some chunks of brie.
- Put in the sauce and mix it in.
- In a hot pan add some sliced garlic, cherry tomatoes, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt.
- Saute well and deglaze with a touch of white wine.
- Mix the macaroni with the sauce and serve.
Cheese & Pesto Eggplant
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cut into thin slices and lightly salted
- 1 small bowl Parmesan or cheddar cheese (You can mix both), grated
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium bowl of pesto sauce
- 10-13 sliced olives
For the pesto sauce –
- 1 big tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 big tbsp butter
Note – Eggplant laced with Parmesan cheese and baked in pesto with olives.
- Cut the eggplant rounds into triangles or keep whole.
- Dip each eggplant in egg wash and then press on to the cheese (only on one side).
- Heat the olive oil and lightly place each eggplant with cheese till slightly brown.
- Now layer the eggplant in a casserole and top with pesto. Sprinkle the thinly sliced olives on top. You can make a few layers one on top of each other.
- Bake in the oven till pesto is warm and serve.
For the Pesto Sauce –
- Blend all ingredients in the given order.
- Start with pine nuts and garlic. Then add basil and olive oil. Blend. Add pepper and salt. Lastly, add butter and Parmesan and give a final blend.
Try these recipes and relish the taste.